Author Topic: Spain; Euro Champs  (Read 4665 times)

Offline TheKingNut

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 336
  • Reputation: 494
    • View Profile
Spain; Euro Champs
« on: May 16, 2008, 06:28: AM »
I know people will destroy me for this, but I'm backing Spain for Euro 2008. Torres is coming off the back of a great season. There midfield, for me, is probably the most technically gifted in the world.  Put that with a great goalkeeper, and a decent backline, I think they have what it takes.

Oh and by the way, Croatia will go out with a whimper...mark my words
TheKingNut wins!

Offline Adi

  • Administrator
  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,060
  • Reputation: 7746
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13: AM »
I don't think you'll hear too many complaints with your predictions.

I too think that Spain will do well this year. I see them in the semi-finals. The only problem I think they may have is the lack of a true defensive midfielder. They have quality central midfielders but there is no true defensive mid that can do the dirty work. I really think that this has been their problem over the past few years.

Croatia will fall out in the group stages I think. The lack of Eduardo will hurt them, and their recent form hasn't been special.
Freestyle Football - Beyond Football social network
Beyond Football on Facebook - Like us on Facebook

Offline TheKingNut

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 336
  • Reputation: 494
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:54: AM »
Finally we can agree on something, Adi  :thumbsup:

TheKingNut wins!

Offline jonte

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 348
  • Reputation: 538
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:48: AM »
They dont lack skill. Spains problem is that they are not united as a country should be. Catalans, basques etc. They dont have same spirit as other countries from what I have understood and seen.

Offline TheGodEmperor

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 4,456
  • Reputation: 5294
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 01:08: PM »
jonte good point there...but yeah i'ver alawys been a spain fan since my parents have strong ties to spain, and I'll stick with them no matter what. Even iof I werent a fan, I would predict a Spanish win. They have loads of talent, young, but with enough experience to make good decisions, not like in 2006.
Mané Garrincha
           ^
           ^
           ^
    the greatest

Offline cigar omar

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,583
  • Reputation: 3269
  • Playaizzem
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:08: PM »
They won't make it past the quarters.

Offline TheKingNut

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 336
  • Reputation: 494
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 04:23: PM »
totalfootball10, don't write on any of my topics please. On this occasion you actually have written something which makes sense but...never write on one of my topics, OK?

TheKingNut wins!

Offline Adi

  • Administrator
  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,060
  • Reputation: 7746
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 06:43: PM »
 :stupid:
Freestyle Football - Beyond Football social network
Beyond Football on Facebook - Like us on Facebook

Offline TheGodEmperor

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 4,456
  • Reputation: 5294
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 03:02: AM »
kingnut, do you dislike me because I make typos? You can't bar me from your topics. Anyways, what have I said that ticked you off?
Mané Garrincha
           ^
           ^
           ^
    the greatest

Offline TheKingNut

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 336
  • Reputation: 494
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 09:21: AM »
For the most, all your posts are really really bad. You struggle to make it through a sentence without sounding like a complete idiot. Your views and opinions are vague and unfounded.
TheKingNut wins!

Offline cigar omar

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,583
  • Reputation: 3269
  • Playaizzem
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 02:17: PM »
Co-signed 100%.

Offline TheGodEmperor

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 4,456
  • Reputation: 5294
    • View Profile
Re: Spain; Euro Champs
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 03:16: PM »
For the most, all your posts are really really bad. You struggle to make it through a sentence without sounding like a complete idiot. Your views and opinions are vague and unfounded.
the expression is 'for the most part.' And melbourne doesn't like me because I support my religion and its country. Also, your sentence structure is far more ponderous than mine.
Mané Garrincha
           ^
           ^
           ^
    the greatest