the only difference between a woman and a prostitute nowadays is a ring on their finger. just saying
oh and btw... before Islam in Arabia, ppl were dancing naked and praying naked for 1000's of years, and not just in arabia. tell me who's more ancient?
anyways this thread is not about the significance of the "burqah" but banning it.
what exactly will they do on that day? burn burqahs?
Wow. I am inclined to ask you if you're even serious but unfortunately I am certain you are.
May I ask you what you do for a living and what your dreams and/or aspirations are?
I'm a teacher and a supervisor for a school right now. My dreams? I don't want to give you an Islamic lesson.
what are you implying anyways?
Do you think that as Muslims we only think about spiritualism, women being overpowered, and killing non-Muslims?
@LIS
I forgot to clarify my post.
even if you can't do that, it's allowed for those of the opinion that niqab (burqah) is an obligation on women that you can take it off when deemed necessary, for example their passport/ID pictures (no one in Saudi Arabia - they're of the opinion that niqab is a must for women - has an id picture with their niqab on) , when there are police check ups etc...
Male officers may do the checking.
But of course when it comes to physical checking of weapons etc... it should be a female.
as I said, if it's too hard for Muslims to practice their religion in a country, the world is wide.
Also, yes you ppl can set your laws in your own countries. If they don't allow the niqab then the Muslims should look for a place that does.