Obama will support a law against semi automatic rifles. Lets see if it gets trough.
I can already tell you it won't. There is just too much opposition against it. This forum has an obvious lean towards anti-guns, but from what I can tell you interacting with Americans, the pro gun people have actually been more outspoken on the issue. It's crazy, but they are. I really would like it to be passed, but it's extremely unlikely.
On a 2nd thought, gun control isn't the only thing we need to do. People commit crimes like this, because they feel they have nothing to live for. This may be from mental issues, financial struggles, etc. We need to provide medical help for these people to prevent them from committing these crimes. We also need to create more jobs, so people don't think they need to kill to get money and other needs.
The biggest problem I see is the people that are pro guns are ant-healthcare and anti-poor people. This doesn't go together. It allows these people to think a gun is an easier way out.