Author Topic: Okocha Retires  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Tito

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,720
  • Reputation: 4993
  • SUCK IT
    • View Profile
Re: Okocha Retires
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2008, 04:13: PM »
minus the fag but still with a bit a swag

you ain't the greatest until your most hated

Offline Buckwheat156

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 346
  • Reputation: 495
    • View Profile
Re: Okocha Retires
« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2008, 03:48: AM »
I loved him and as a big Nigerian fan it was wonderful seeing him in the green shirt in 98 and 96 especially. he is Nigerias greatest ever player and i wish him nothing but the best. jay-Jay, so nice they named him twice!
Thierry Henry leaving Arsenal was one of the saddest days of my life....

Offline cigar omar

  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,583
  • Reputation: 3269
  • Playaizzem
    • View Profile
Re: Okocha Retires
« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:22: PM »
I was also waiting to see him in the Premiership next season so badly. I just had to up this thread on time, I remember 96 Olympics when Nigeria won one of the greatest nights. I was young tho than I really began to notice and appreciate this lad in the 98 World cup especially his performance against Spain, one of my best world cup memories. Ever since then when ever I seen him play and dribble he made me want to go to the park with a ball and play. Only a few footballers made me feel that way.

Truly one of the most skillful players to play the game even if he never won a world cup, champions league or other prestigious titles of that nature, he had the quality and class to do so at the right club.