Author Topic: Mastering the basics of freeSTYLE  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Legend

• TATW & LATW
    • View Profile
Mastering the basics of freeSTYLE
« on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:36: AM »
I thought I'd discuss this with u guys since I believe this is one of the major drops in freestyle especially nowadays, and could be the main reason behind the lack of style..

lets say i'm a newbie and I just watched a freestyle vid for the 1st time, now im interested in freestylin and wanna start practising it .. so I start training atw for 2 weeks thn neck stall, crossover, htw , ... etc .. starting with the easy trix then moving to more difficult ones.. tht would be the logical way of practising

but unfortunatly what happens nowadays is tht I watch like many vids with thousands of nts and advanced tricks, so I start training atw for the 1st day, the nxt day im doing tatw amatw nt, WOW ^-^ weird isnt it, thts why u c many vids with ppl doin a trick like amatw amatw nt, the nxt clip he hardly does atws or htws..

Nobody will get gd at anything unless he starts with the basics, u cant dive the 1st day ur learning swimming, same goes with freestyle, u cant do a latw unless u can do an atw properly

so all I wanna say is every freestyler should master the basics before moving to hard trix or else he would have a really ugly style..

some ppl think of it as FREEstyle, I'd also think of it as freeSTYLE ..

Offline oLi

• APATW & PMATW
  • youtube.com/oliveroo
    • View Profile
Re: Mastering the basics of freeSTYLE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:59: AM »
Beautiful post! + Karma
I couldn't agree more on this, your post is absolutely correct in every form of aspect
Fx blesses himself before a patw combo, Tiernan blesses himself before a neck to sole transition.... but hey thats next generation :rolleyes:
I was going to be there...but now I'm not going to be there

Offline Tom

• APATW & PMATW
  • Hi, im Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:30: AM »
Legend is a true Legend! You said everything perfect! Legend for president!

Offline madrid4life

• 360 & NATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:36: AM »
nice post. everything is absolutely true in this post.
"El mejor equipo del siglio XX."
Best team of the 20th century - will be the best in the 21st as well, i hope.

Offline Camill

• TATW & LATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:55: AM »
id say everybody should do what he wants to, if its fun for him (at least at freestyle). so i wouldnt tell anybody what tricks he should learn or in which order. if somebody wants to do amatw before he is able to do a 3 trick combo, fine.
sure, thats not my style and i prefer it also in the way you explained. but there are so many good freestylers, who i like, so it doesnt bother me, if somebody doesnt have a good style.
yeah this is a kind of trend now, but im sure there will be always enough nice freestylers for me. also it would be boring if all would be the same ;)
+ you wouldnt enjoy the stylish stylers that much
+ it makes easier to differ between the good and the "bad" ones :)

Offline Philip WG

• New Shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:33: AM »
Yeaah Legend, that's some wise words, coming right from the heart. I remember we talked about this long time ago.
Abz, you are right in every single way, and i really agree, but Camill came with a tasty point here which is quite smart:
If everyone was following the same path of freestyle, it'd be too much based on rules. So people can do amatw amatw before they learn tatw if they want. But imo that's what seperating the consistant freestylers to the trickobsessed freestylers. And there will always be this leep between them, which i think is a good thing, just as Camill said. If there aren't any freestylers who lack on the basics or doesn't reach up to the high standard levels, then no one could glimmer. Get me ? ^^

But Legend is completly right (:
I know, long and boring post, but i have a headache and i have nothing to do  :bang:
brains obviously dont seem to be served as a side dish with beauty in venezualan cuisine

PWG = short for pwnage

Offline Legend

• TATW & LATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:49: AM »
smart point there Camill, as in nature no beautiful if there was no ugly  ^-^ -, totally agree with you m8, wat I wrote was more of an advice ,reasoning for lack of style, and showing the importance of mastering the basics as it may help alot of freestylers to improve..

thnx for the feedback guys, appreciating the Karmas ;)

Offline Matevz

• TATW & LATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:20: AM »
I agree whit your post 101% legend. And I would like to add another thing... Important is, how you start practising the trick.
Example: A beginner finds htw easier if he bends his legs... In a while, he´s getting used on bending legs while doing htw. Than after a year of practising htw this way, he sees that his style sux. At that point... improving style is very difficult.

Offline Sander

• APATW & PMATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:21: AM »
nice comment dude  :thumbsup: this is why i like fs-ers like clyde (poland) and palle, they do the hard tricks also with style
August and me are the new moderators of the freestyle section. We are not gods, so please let us know if there is a problem or you see something suspicious. (In English ;))

ALL FREESTYLE BEGINNERS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR TUTORIALS GO HERE: http://www.beyondfootball.com/galleryFile-Beginner-Tricks-Tutorial-5,1,347.html

New misheard lyrics video by me!!

Offline Jono

• PATW & LTATW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:44: AM »
yeah true, i hate kids posting how to do tatw-amatw nt when they can barely do amatw
Mr. T once fought superman over a bet to see who was stronger. The loser had to wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes.

Offline chakour

• ATW & Crossover
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:34: PM »
you are completly right legend and i think one of the main reasons why this is happenning is because ppl who started fs not so long ago watched probably like everyone else the big freestylers like palle, lindroth etc...they see what their doing and their goal is to get there as fast as possible; have to do this trick, no matter what the style is,

however, for freestylers like palle and etc...to get to that point they passed by alot of different tricks and styles before getting where they are , and this is why they are such complete freestylers compared to the others just doing one type of replica off the many aspects possible...

a good style takes years to build, you gotta go one step at a time, even the best keepon improving, its never enough,i hope you understood what i meant   

Offline riodavid

• New Shit
  • riodavidfreestyle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:58: PM »
Legend post! Learned.
For me, building the basic skillz is so difficult. The consecutive atws,htws may spend years. I will keep on...
freestyle, seeing is believing.