Author Topic: I have a worrying problem in my leg  (Read 4806 times)

Offline rosscox1994

  • ATW & Crossover
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Reputation: 150
    • View Profile
I have a worrying problem in my leg
« on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:29: PM »
Basically i have been practacing freestyle for about 5days now and have mastered the atw with my strong foot. About 2 days ago i was doing atw's with my strong foot and i noticed i started to get a pain in the top of my strong/right leg. I thought i better stop doing them until it healed and i decided to do atw's with my weak foot in the meantime. Anyway its been 2 days where i have mainly rested my strong leg and i still have the pain. I get it when lifting my leg. The pain is is the middle at the top of my leg.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is it because i didnt stretch properly? Will it go away soon?

Thanks for the responses.

Offline tbc

  • New Shit
  • ****
  • Posts: 991
  • Reputation: 1091
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:03: PM »
everyone experiences this. Think of it as lifting weights. you experience pain in your muscle cuz of the repitition but all this is just a signal that your muscle is figuring out the new position and you get the pain. How much did you practise btw?
The good thing that you did was you started to train weak foot. that is excellent! it will help you long term.
The nitrophosphate process (also known as the Odda process) was a method for the industrial production of nitrogen fertilizers invented by Erling Johnson in the city of Odda, Norway around 1927.

Offline L_I_S

  • Moderator
  • APATW & PMATW
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,118
  • Reputation: 6249
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:17: PM »
It could be this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness

I vaguely remember a huge amount of pain when I first started. I remember doing 'air atws' every night so that my muscle would get used to it lol
When you condition yourself, make sure it's gradual. A gymnast doesn't go straight into doing the splits on his first day, and you should not try to do the same with freestyle.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LISdafreestyler
-Don't break combos.
-Don't use crossovers to save combos.
-If you're a new freestyler looking to improve, check the stickys in the help and advice section.
-Send me a personal message if you see spam.

Offline rosscox1994

  • ATW & Crossover
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Reputation: 150
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:38: PM »
Thanks for the responses. Thats made me feel alot better. I  guess it has got slightly better overnight. Its only when i lift it i feel pain.

I have always been able to do an atw since i was about 12 years old but only about 1 in 5 tries. I have spent these last 5 days or so practicing and i can do it about 9 in 10 tries. Thats training about an hour a day. I guess my leg having pain is a good thing in a way as it gives me a chance to practice with my left/weaker leg which is very poor and weak.

I think i am going to take L_I_S's advice and calm and reduce my traing hours a bit so that i avoid this happening again. I can then build the hours up as i get used to it.

Thanks

Offline Marko

  • New Shit
  • ****
  • Posts: 605
  • Reputation: 856
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2011, 02:51: AM »
Make some exercises for warming up and stretching, but don't make like 1 min exercise, make it about 5-6 min, because it will get worses. It happened to me when I started FF, especially when I learned TATW. ;)
Freestyle - It is your playground

Offline rosscox1994

  • ATW & Crossover
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Reputation: 150
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:25: AM »
So you are saying that it is worth stretching at the start of freestyling to make sure the situation doesnt come back or get worse?

Offline tbc

  • New Shit
  • ****
  • Posts: 991
  • Reputation: 1091
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:31: AM »
no, static stretching after the session is good and dynamic stretching before.
The nitrophosphate process (also known as the Odda process) was a method for the industrial production of nitrogen fertilizers invented by Erling Johnson in the city of Odda, Norway around 1927.

Offline ukiFS

  • TATW & LATW
  • ***
  • Posts: 398
  • Reputation: 669
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:49: AM »
Is it in groin area? If its there, better rest for few days, cause if you force it you'll fuck it even more and warm up won't help then.  :grin:

Offline Adi

  • Administrator
  • APATW & PMATW
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,060
  • Reputation: 7746
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2011, 04:34: AM »
This is a tough one man...



Where is it exactly hurting you?  Is it at the very top (white area) on the m. rectus femoris?  If so, I have that muscle strained right now and I've done it twice before.  I've had it so bad that I couldn't hit a ball for 2 months.  I tried coming back too early and would pull it over and over, thus delaying my recovery.  It all depends how seriously you pulled it.  If it's a sharp pain when you hit the ball, you should definitly rest it for a couple of weeks.  This can be an ongoing problem if you don't let it heal.  Trust me.

If it's not bad, rest for a week, and then get one of these.  It will help put pressure on the muscle which will prevent it from flexing and being used as much as it normally would.  Good luck!

Freestyle Football - Beyond Football social network
Beyond Football on Facebook - Like us on Facebook

Offline rosscox1994

  • ATW & Crossover
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Reputation: 150
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:08: AM »
Thanks guys, i would say its more around the m.iliopsoas. I think i will rest it for now as i think i may have just made it worse about an hour ago. It only hurts when my leg gets liftedand is not touching the floor.

Offline Palgi

  • New Shit
  • ****
  • Posts: 598
  • Reputation: 1014
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:58: AM »
Thanks guys, i would say its more around the m.iliopsoas. I think i will rest it for now as i think i may have just made it worse about an hour ago. It only hurts when my leg gets liftedand is not touching the floor.

that's because you're not used to movement... try to stretch it at evenings. eventually pain will dissapear

Offline rosscox1994

  • ATW & Crossover
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Reputation: 150
    • View Profile
Re: I have a worrying problem in my leg
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2011, 06:12: AM »
I assume you are right Palgi as i probably did about 80-100 atw's in the space of 2 hours. I hope it is not serious. I am quite annoyed as i can not do anything related to freestyle at the moment. I tried doing some atw's with my weaker leg but i think i have just delayed the recovery. I think i will just rest for a few days and hope and pray it gets better quickly.