Beyond Football - Freestyle Football Forum

General Category => General Chat => Topic started by: L_I_S on Dec 25, 2012, 04:59: PM

Title: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 25, 2012, 04:59: PM
First 5 muscle ups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFXQeCCge8#ws)

First 5 one handed push ups, both arms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shpkIFt50c#ws)

What do you guys think? :039:
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: VRK on Dec 25, 2012, 07:17: PM
 :great: :great:
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: Emil Nissen on Dec 25, 2012, 09:26: PM
1 handed push-ups are fucking sick!!
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: VRK on Dec 25, 2012, 09:56: PM
LIS can you do hand stand push ups & one hand stand??
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 25, 2012, 10:40: PM
I can't even do a proper handstand for more than 5 seconds lol
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: Onas on Dec 26, 2012, 12:02: AM
Nice man! I managed to do 2 muscle ups on a bar, they were shit though.
And well, my one handed push ups are shit, too. I can do one clean one handed push up with my right hand. My left hand is not even half as good, lol, I have to spread my legs at least to 90 degrees to do one  :grin:

Btw, have you ever considered learning planche?
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 12:20: AM
Nice man! I managed to do 2 muscle ups on a bar, they were shit though.
And well, my one handed push ups are shit, too. I can do one clean one handed push up with my right hand. My left hand is not even half as good, lol, I have to spread my legs at least to 90 degrees to do one  :grin:

Btw, have you ever considered learning planche?
That's how it starts man. It doesn't take long to go from 1 to 5, after that it gets harder though. What kind of training do you do?
Yea, I've been training to do it for a while now.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: Onas on Dec 26, 2012, 02:08: AM
That's how it starts man. It doesn't take long to go from 1 to 5, after that it gets harder though. What kind of training do you do?
Yea, I've been training to do it for a while now.
Well, I try to avoid weightlifting, as it slows you down & puts more stress on your spine & joints. Many doctors told me I shouldnt lift weights until I get older, so I will probably give it a try in the future. I go to gym just when my friends ask me to go with them, lol, and I train with dumbbells and barbells like twice in a year  :grin: Although I heard on one of the tricking forums that since some of those guys doing flips, twists and sh!t had started to practise deadlift, they never had back problems again. So I sometimes practise deadlift, too, but I dont think my form is good, so I would like to ask an instructor to help me with it.
So I do just a lot of pushups, sometimes go swimming or do some pull ups.
And I find my way of improving strange. In December 2010, I was able to do 80 wide armed push ups (now I can do about 40) and managed to do just one ugly one handed push up (and I succeeded only twice that time, with loud crack in my back - other than that, I was unable to do it most of the time). Now I can do it quite easily. I guess it might be because I was doing a little weightlifting as a part of my training when I started to train athletics again in 2011.
And the same goes for muscle ups. When I was able to do 20 pull ups (pull ups, not chin ups), I was unable to do even just one single ugly muslce up. Then, about 6 months - 1 year later, I managed to do it. My form on muscle ups is horrible though.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 03:28: AM
BARMASTERS XTREME -Vs- BARTENDAZ (Barmasters took 1st & 3rd out of 3 Categories) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3N-v5Y-2fs#)
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: Emil Nissen on Dec 26, 2012, 07:22: AM
thats unreal  :crazy:...

  i have a question about strength training: Is it better to only train every second day? i heard something about that u'll get more out of it if u only exercise every second day...so how often to exercise if i want to do it regularly?
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 12:14: PM
thats unreal  :crazy:...

  i have a question about strength training: Is it better to only train every second day? i heard something about that u'll get more out of it if u only exercise every second day...so how often to exercise if i want to do it regularly?

You should strength train probably 2-3xs a week staring out. You should never workout the same muscle groups one day after another. Depending on how sore you are, you may even want more than 1 day rest between working the same muscle groups.

I think a good starters workout schedule would be:

Monday: Chest and Triceps

Wednesday: Lower body: Squats, leg extensions, leg curls.

Friday: Back and Biceps.

This is a very simple exercise plan. You could even do it all body weight like this to start.

Monday: Push ups

Wednesday: Squats

Friday: Pull ups.

As you get stronger, you can make your workouts more complex and do more weight and reps.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 02:24: PM
BARMASTERS XTREME -Vs- BARTENDAZ (Barmasters took 1st & 3rd out of 3 Categories) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3N-v5Y-2fs#)
Why did you post that? It would be super douchey to post a video from Skora on a noob freestylers video.

You should strength train probably 2-3xs a week staring out. You should never workout the same muscle groups one day after another. Depending on how sore you are, you may even want more than 1 day rest between working the same muscle groups.

I think a good starters workout schedule would be:

Monday: Chest and Triceps

Wednesday: Lower body: Squats, leg extensions, leg curls.

Friday: Back and Biceps.

This is a very simple exercise plan. You could even do it all body weight like this to start.

Monday: Push ups

Wednesday: Squats

Friday: Pull ups.

As you get stronger, you can make your workouts more complex and do more weight and reps.
Do not follow this routine.

i have a question about strength training: Is it better to only train every second day? i heard something about that you'll get more out of it if u only exercise every second day...so how often to exercise if i want to do it regularly?
It all depends on your level. As a beginner training for strength every second day is fine. But you'll get more out of it by having alternating work outs as you progress after 6-8 weeks. But for absolute beginners you can get away with push up variations, cable row and leg press.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 02:53: PM
Why did you post that? It would be super douchey to post a video from Skora on a noob freestylers video.

Is the video you? If it is, I didn't know. Your aren't a noob at either as most people couldn't do either. You look quite different than the last freestyle video I saw of you. I apologize for that, but I thought this was a thread for muscle workouts like this.

Do not follow this routine.
It all depends on your level. As a beginner training for strength every second day is fine. But you'll get more out of it by having alternating work outs as you progress after 6-8 weeks. But for absolute beginners you can get away with push up variations, cable row and leg press.

Why not? Most people don't have cable rows or leg presses. Pull ups and body weight squats are perfectly ok. I would definitely recommend body weight squats over leg press as it works more muscles.

I've seen very similar workout plans as what I listed by professional trainers as well. As you improve you definitely change your workouts, but I cannot see why this would be bad.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 03:16: PM
lol it is me, it's in the thread title and I mentioned it in the thread! But I look different so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote
Why not? Most people don't have cable rows or leg presses. Pull ups and body weight squats are perfectly ok. I would definitely recommend body weight squats over leg press as it works more muscles.

I've seen very similar workout plans as what I listed by professional trainers as well. As you improve you definitely change your workouts, but I cannot see why this would be bad.
For a complete beginner, the first one is designed for body builders, the second is not enough to develop anything.
Cable rows because you have a horizontal push so you need a horizontal pull. Pull ups are impossible for a beginner. Not everyone has a sporting background and have leg strength, I'd normally recommend body weight squats but as I'm not there to correct technique, I can give leg press which is hard to fail at but you can still build strength.
Split routines are always bad, they only started appearing when steroids started appearing. What does that tell you?
I'd much rather give something like this:
Horizontal pull, push, squat.
Vertical pull, push, lunges or deadlift for non-beginners.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 03:38: PM
I still disagree partly as I gained fairly good strength on the 2nd plan. I obviously did several variation. For pull ups, put a chair underneath your bar to give you a bit more strength to get up that you need. Also, work negatives. It is better to give pushes and pulls from multiple angles, but pull up bars are more common for people to have than cables for rows. I actually used to do horizontal pull ups, but I got lazy and can't do them anymore.

Now, I do agree with the form thing. Form  is the most important thing in any exercise, and 90% of the guys in the gym have terrible form. They aren't getting near the real benefit they need.

Split routines meaning exercising particular body parts on specific days? It may have come around when steroids appeared, but it wouldn't be caused by this. You normally do this to prevent overworking one area. One things steroids allow is to work your muscles harder without rest. I think that's coincidence.

I stole most of my workouts by my friend whom is a competitive power lifter and some from the internet. I'm sure what your recommending is good as well. There's nothing wrong with having different ideas.

I just noticed the "My Video" in the title I skim real alot, so I missed that part of the title.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 03:48: PM
Why pushes and pulls from multiple angles? A noob isn't even stable enough with the most basic of movements, there's no reason to do anything like that.
It's not a coincidence. With the use of steroids these routines have a massive plus compared to traditional routines. It's probably mentioned in the documentary you posted that how steroids were the norm as well as splits. They go hand in hand. One thing that splits are especially bad for is that you think you've given yourself rest but when you're training something like tri/chest, your delts are fatiguing too. If you've seen someone that's been on one of these routines you'll notice a massive unbalanced arm to delt ratio.
Power lifting routines for what level? Different levels have different routines. Different goals have different routines.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 04:11: PM
A noob could learn low weight versions of many exercises if shown and coached on proper technique. There are many example exercises for beginner push ups or pull ups online. By pulling and pushing from different angles, I didn't necessarily mean push ups or pull ups. There are other ways to work these muscles.

Splitting your training seems to be the norm among most body builders and power lifters I know. I only worked out with one steroid user that I knew of, and he was obviously juicing and openly told us. I'd have to do much more research to really know. I do agree that you get tired working one after the other like you said. You can't bench as much if your biceps and back muscles are sore. That's one reason why I always put multiple days rest in between each exercise. What is your recommendation?

He is competitive on the local amateur circuit where he lives. It's been a while since we worked out together, but I don't notice any unbalance in his physique. He's a very intelligent guy. He was a college professor when we worked out together, but he transferred to pursue a PHD in physics. He studied power lifting and body building just as much. He also was very against PEDs of any type, much more than I am. He was the pickiest person I ever knew about technique. He did most of his exercises by competition standard for proper technique.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: redsforlife on Dec 26, 2012, 04:28: PM
http://www.builtlean.com/2011/09/15/full-body-workout-vs-split-routine-which-is-better/ (http://www.builtlean.com/2011/09/15/full-body-workout-vs-split-routine-which-is-better/)

Decent article I found on pros and cons of split and full body workouts.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 04:39: PM
A noob should start with no weight and develop the technique and stabilizing properly before adding weight.
There's no reason why you would work these muscle any differently from the standard way. You're going to cause muscle activation regardless. I'm not sure why you're fixated on this idea.

The norm is also to be overweight these days, doesn't make it right. What do you mean you can't bench as much if muscles that aren't recruited are sore(I'm assuming you mean fatigued and not sore from injury)? I forgot to mention the amount of rest in my other post for the base routine. It was meant to be  AxBxAxB etc 4 3 days rest for the major muscles and 1 day rest for the muscles that help stabilize. It should give enough rest time for muscles to recuperate and begin the muscle tearing process again. I also forgot to mention that all exercises are compound unlike splits which have many isolation exercises that are a pure waste of time.

Yea, that's how it is when it comes to technique and that's why I wouldn't recommend noobs on here to start without someone to help them with their technique. Squat is very technical, same with pull ups and bench press. You'd be surprised how noobs are when it comes to things that seem obvious. Especially with the scapula, no idea why you wouldn't hold them in place during a pull up.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 26, 2012, 04:51: PM
Quote
Can Lead To Overtraining – If you like lifting weights 3x per week, doing full body workouts each workout can lead to overtraining if not structured properly.  Hitting each muscle group too hard will likely cause an overtraining response.  A muscle that has been worked with heavy weights thoroughly (6-9+ sets) can take a good 5-6 days to recover.
Not a con. You can do that with any routine. Why would you be doing 6-9 sets anyway..

Quote
Can’t Focus On A Given Muscle Group – It’s hard to hit a given muscle group very intensely, especially legs because the intensity can be too tough to handle along with the lengthy recovery time after a workout.
This is specific sort of training. If you start with a balanced routine you'll never have to 'catch up' with anything.

Quote
If you really want to do full body workouts 3 or more times per week, you need to change up the movement patterns, lift lighter weights and do circuits, and/or take down the number of sets per muscle group.
After reading this I think they're referring to a routine like this:
Bench
Row
Squat
Pull ups
OHP
DL
Which is a lot and isn't the sort of training I was saying.

Quote
Intensity Can Be Hard To Handle – Intensity of full body workouts multiple times per week can be tough to sustain, especially as you become more advanced and start lifting serious weight.  In his prime, Arnold Schwarzenegger tried High Intensity Training (HIT), which is a very intense type of full body workout.  He said he would rather retire to Austria and become a ski instructor than do those workouts.  I can’t blame him.
Intensity is user dependent and is meant to be done with a steady progression. Using a steroid user has to be the dumbest example the author could have given and I'm starting to think this article isn't a good source for information.

I went through the cons of the split program too, those far out weight the pseudo cons listed in the non-split program.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: Emil Nissen on Dec 26, 2012, 06:23: PM
Thanku for all your advice...though i have no gym to train in, and i have no weights or any machines to use, i can only do stuff like push ups, squats etc.
Title: Re: My Videos: Muscle ups and One handed push ups.
Post by: L_I_S on Dec 27, 2012, 01:06: PM
Thanku for all your advice...though i have no gym to train in, and i have no weights or any machines to use, i can only do stuff like push ups, squats etc.
The park has lots of bars, I see Europeans training in them all the time. If you have access to one I'll type a routine for you.