Beyond Football - Freestyle Football Forum

Freestyle Soccer Forum => Help and Advice => Topic started by: Adi on Oct 23, 2011, 01:46: PM

Title: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Oct 23, 2011, 01:46: PM
Let's see what the most frequent freestyle injuries are.

As the moves get crazier and crazier, I think serious injuries might become a big part of freestyle.
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: alexfs on Oct 23, 2011, 02:09: PM
i answered "hip" - had it this august - it was quite painful
for about 3 weeks was very limited in practicing

i often hear guys complain about injuries which don't exist (groin, lower back - everybody gets those pains which come and go)
if you are a pathetic piece of shit plz do not invent injuries as an excuse for poor improvement - just practice more
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Damiano on Oct 23, 2011, 02:21: PM
I've really bad Hip injury, i was barely able to play for 2 months this year
I also got really sore knees, but i think its normal for freestyle
i also use to get bad neck when i train uppers a lot
and occasionally i roll my ankle which isn't great

i knew a guy who trained hmatw and htatw all the time, which causes him to get groin injuries, i think its possible
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: L_I_S on Oct 23, 2011, 03:27: PM
Fuck, I just realised I've had so many injuries that I almost ticked all of them.
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Oct 23, 2011, 04:44: PM
Fuck, I just realised I've had so many injuries that I almost ticked all of them.

LOL, I'm thinking that could be the case for lots of freestylers.  It's tons of un-natural movement.  I'm surprised more of you don't twist your knees and tear ACLs or cartilage.
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: xixo on Oct 23, 2011, 11:18: PM
supertired is a injured?
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Royal Freakiness on Oct 23, 2011, 11:33: PM
Fuck, I just realised I've had so many injuries that I almost ticked all of them.
same here  :crazy:
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Bov on Oct 24, 2011, 02:17: AM
ohh, I've had all of them!
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Tupac on Oct 24, 2011, 02:52: AM
When I started freestyle I already had a metal plate and 8 screws in my right knee, and 4 screws in my left knee. Fs occasionally causes intense pain to the point where I can't even walk.
I also have 4 hemmorages in my eye (I got sucker punched by an angry fan) so I'm completely blind in my right eye, I opened one of the hemmorages doing uppers a few days ago.
I think the worst injury i've gotten just from freestyle is a bruise on my thigh from stepping on the ball
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: BigMac on Oct 24, 2011, 04:06: AM
Can you put calf on there because this calf strain has ruined the last year of freestyle for me.
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Oct 24, 2011, 11:13: AM
Added calf.

Tupac, wtf happened when you got punched? They catch the guy? If you're blind in your eye from it, that's a serious offense.

What's the issue with your knees?

And dang, how are there so many hip injuries? Those are serious and dangerous.
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Tupac on Oct 24, 2011, 10:53: PM
I tried breaking up a fight between this huge mexican guy and one of my performers (bronson.) I pushed them apart, and then I looked at bronson, and when I turned to look at the other guy he decked me in the face (he was really drunk,) bronson tackled the guy and held him down till the police got there. I think they're holding him for assault and battery on a minor (im a minor) and  I have to appear in court december 17th to testify against him or something like that? I'm not really too sure whats going on, all I know is my lawyer said he's gonna be in prison for a long time, cause of the hemmorages in my eye I can't train uppers for at least 6 months :p

The plate/screws in my knee all came from when I used to skate, I have surgery scheduled over winter break, after physical therapy I can train lowers really hard again without pain :D So i'm reallly looking forward to that :D
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Oct 28, 2011, 05:12: AM
That sucks man.  Why did bronson get into it with the Mexican?
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Tupac on Oct 28, 2011, 05:16: AM
No one is really sure.. he was just really really drunk...
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: CJ_Speed on Oct 28, 2011, 11:22: AM
had ACL damage with cartilage damage to my left knee and there went my dreams of beeing hardcore lower ;p
i did a bad beck atw and from there i messed it up more in reg soccer =/ but freestyle for life ;p
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: renato10 on Oct 28, 2011, 02:39: PM
I had with frequency injuries in my hips and that's fuckin annoying there was one as hard that I couldnt even walk  :bawling:
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: FuadFstyle on Oct 28, 2011, 06:54: PM
uuuuu i had many injuries  :(
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: rOHs on Oct 29, 2011, 04:48: AM
knee... just got it... hurts like shit when i do cross ending tricks... but while doing atws doesnt pains....! dont knw what i am supposed to do
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Portilla on Oct 29, 2011, 11:11: PM
only one..
snapping hip syndrome,,,,,,injury shiiiiiiit  :098:
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Nov 03, 2011, 09:41: AM
had ACL damage with cartilage damage to my left knee and there went my dreams of beeing hardcore lower ;p
i did a bad beck atw and from there i messed it up more in reg soccer =/ but freestyle for life ;p

Damn man sorry to hear that.  I tore both my ACLs playing soccer in college.  I know how that goes. :(
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Palgi on Nov 03, 2011, 06:33: PM
had ACL damage with cartilage damage to my left knee and there went my dreams of beeing hardcore lower ;p
i did a bad beck atw and from there i messed it up more in reg soccer =/ but freestyle for life ;p

Damn man sorry to hear that.  I tore both my ACLs playing soccer in college.  I know how that goes. :(

We should form our own group -> ACL retards
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: AcquavivaFS on Nov 12, 2011, 01:27: PM
i have had so many injuries i dont even remember half of them, the worse was when i partially ripped my ACL in my right knee, 7 months to heal.... and the latest one i got was the day after i got back from prague, i was all pumped and motivated, went to practice.....20 minutes after i was on my way to the hospital, i somehow managed to strain my groin and had pain in my jewels like a MOFO for almost 3 months, now i have to use a jockstrap whenever i practice which i thought was gonna be terrible and turns out its alot more comfortable than with boxers  :Woot_Emoticon: after getting that injury i started thinking how much your jewels get squashed and battered when you do fs because of all the leg crossing movements, painfull just to think about it  :bawling:
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Damiano on Nov 12, 2011, 03:14: PM
i somehow managed to strain my groin and had pain in my jewels like a MOFO for almost 3 months, now i have to use a jockstrap whenever i practice


lol
Title: Re: What freestyle injuries have you had?
Post by: Adi on Nov 17, 2011, 02:43: PM
I wonder if being prone to injury has more to do with your fitness and stretching or with your genes.

It's a combo of the two I'm sure but I wonder how much genes or muscle fibers have to do with it.