Beyond Football - Freestyle Football Forum

Freestyle Soccer Forum => Freestyle Chat => Topic started by: Adi on Jun 09, 2011, 07:12: AM

Title: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Adi on Jun 09, 2011, 07:12: AM
What does everything think about adding a forum for other languages?

We could create a forum called "Other Languages" or something like that, then add Polish, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, and Chinese sub-forums there.  Might attract some new members.

Thoughts?
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: ukiFS on Jun 09, 2011, 07:17: AM
Yea, but i guess less guys will care about ''original'' forum, and they'll stick to their language and just post there. Btw, alot of countries/regions already have their own fs forums, so imo this would be useless.  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: oLi on Jun 09, 2011, 07:40: AM
The main forum is failing so bad it's pretty sad. Bet you wish you never f#cked with me, right bro?

Patch this dying forum up before you think about expanding. Some word of advice from a man of success. Take it for what it's worth.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Ethan on Jun 09, 2011, 07:56: AM
words of wisdom from the MAN of this forum^
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: BigMac on Jun 09, 2011, 08:22: AM
fuck, oli is just a legend in every way. what an epic post haha
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Adi on Jun 09, 2011, 09:01: AM
The main forum is failing so bad it's pretty sad. Bet you wish you never f#cked with me, right bro?

Patch this dying forum up before you think about expanding. Some word of advice from a man of success. Take it for what it's worth.

Fucked with you?  Piss off... you got your feelings hurt because you "didn't get enough credit."

Why are you still posting here every now and then?  I don't give a crap where the forum is right now.  Activity is down, but it doesn't bother me.  We have good mods, good members, and that's all I care about.  I didn't make money of this before and neither do I now. 

If people want the activity to go up, they will post more and create their own topics.  A forum will only go as far as its members take it. 

And there's a reason you quit the freestyle scene and this forum... it's called growing up and not having time.  I got a full time job and run this as a hobby, sometime you probably wouldn't even kept doing.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: L_I_S on Jun 09, 2011, 03:29: PM
No, it would be impossible to moderate. Besides that, most major freestyling countries have their own forum..it wouldn't make sense for someone to start posting here instead of in a sub section.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: alexfs on Jun 09, 2011, 03:55: PM
well honestly i sorta miss oli too -when i just came here - he was the admin and the forum was huge - once he left - i t has never been the same
personally i think the forum lacks profanity, adult content, racism (chocolate face jeremy lynch jokes for example) and ofc ofc good old arguments 
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: oLi on Jun 09, 2011, 05:05: PM
The main forum is failing so bad it's pretty sad. Bet you wish you never f#cked with me, right bro?

Patch this dying forum up before you think about expanding. Some word of advice from a man of success. Take it for what it's worth.

Fucked with you?  Piss off... you got your feelings hurt because you "didn't get enough credit."

Why are you still posting here every now and then?  I don't give a crap where the forum is right now.  Activity is down, but it doesn't bother me.  We have good mods, good members, and that's all I care about.  I didn't make money of this before and neither do I now. 

If people want the activity to go up, they will post more and create their own topics.  A forum will only go as far as its members take it. 

And there's a reason you quit the freestyle scene and this forum... it's called growing up and not having time.  I got a full time job and run this as a hobby, sometime you probably wouldn't even kept doing.


It's quite obvious you don't know much about me or my personal situation so you should refrain from speaking about it.

Why do I need to state a reason for being here and posting? You do this sort of questioning with all members?

Anyway. Best of luck with everything in life Adi. Hopefully I have taught you the lesson in the art of recognizing a true boss.

Kind regards, with love, Oli

P.S, see ya around
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Max on Jun 09, 2011, 10:18: PM
the fact that our admin wants to connect freestyle to football says everything about the current situation on this forum.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: tbc on Jun 09, 2011, 10:30: PM
I wish people were a little more positive about the forum and care for it.
agree with L_I_S, the idea wont work.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: iwontpostanymore on Jun 10, 2011, 07:40: PM
just accept the situation , forums in general are a bit outdated .

Its facebook that has taken over ...nothing you can do about it. 



Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Tupac on Jun 11, 2011, 04:09: AM
It's not a bad idea, maybe you're going in the wrong direction a bit, instead of creating a separate forum, why not make this one available in different languages? Like when you register you can select a language? I'm not sure how it would work when people post though... just a thought
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: tbc on Jun 11, 2011, 06:06: AM
It's not a bad idea, maybe you're going in the wrong direction a bit, instead of creating a separate forum, why not make this one available in different languages? Like when you register you can select a language? I'm not sure how it would work when people post though... just a thought
haha your idea is being implemented in the video section, kostya's video. :P
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: alexfs on Jun 12, 2011, 03:10: PM
ofc its not a good idea
Adi - can you plz bring back the *bowdown* smiley - it was worth a thousand words - thnks
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Laurence on Jun 12, 2011, 07:42: PM
People don't need to log on here anymore to view the forum.

When I logged on just now there were 7 registered users and 24 "guests".

If you don't need to register or log in, why bother? :017: You can get loads of info to help you progress anyway.
If your not logged in your not going to comment.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: ukiFS on Jun 12, 2011, 11:53: PM
U cant see topics and read comments if you're not logged in
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Laurence on Jun 13, 2011, 12:37: AM
U cant see topics and read comments if you're not logged in

Maybe you can't, but I can, and I don't think I'm the only one.
I can even view stats about the forum and see what the members and guests are viewing, without being logged in. 
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: L_I_S on Jun 13, 2011, 12:57: AM
Log out and try to view a thread in the video section.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: OskarD on Jun 13, 2011, 01:02: AM
I can view everything, of what i've tested, when being offline.
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: ukiFS on Jun 13, 2011, 01:11: AM
Yup, just tried now, i can see everything. Looks like i didn't log out long time.   :grin:
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: Adi on Jun 17, 2011, 04:46: AM
I changed it so guests can view all threads.  I did this for search engines so they can pick up all our pages.  It's a lose/lose situation to be honest.  We'll get more pages in Google but we'll get less posts.  I might revert back to the old way so people have to be logged in to view the threads.

As far as oLi is concerned, you did help grow the forum.  I've always said that.  Nonetheless, the forum took a huge hit after it got hacked and we had to start over.  Even if you were here, nobody knows if it would've rebounded properly.  I'm glad we still have a solid forum despite losing everything.  We lost out entire homepage wich had lots of links to individual pages from outside sources.  Traffic took a big hit.

I don't know who did this and I don't want to point fingers, but I really do wonder if oLi played a part in it.  We were hacked shortly after he left and we all know he knows plenty of Easter Europeans, who really love to hack.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as it would take a really sick person to do something like that. :rolleyes:


The comment about me wanting to connect football and freestyle is garbage.  I love football and want to keep the football forum alive here.  I realize this is freestyle community so I've expanded the freestyle section greatly and condensed the football forums into one. 
Title: Re: Freestyle forums in other languages
Post by: gufreestyle96 on Jun 21, 2011, 11:05: AM
Hey Adi, can u add "meme" emoticons? like TrollFace, Forever Alone, Fuck yeah