Beyond Football - Freestyle Football Forum

Freestyle Soccer Forum => Help and Advice => Topic started by: Caelan on Mar 20, 2011, 12:02: AM

Title: Good posture?
Post by: Caelan on Mar 20, 2011, 12:02: AM
Does good posture make lowers easier to do?
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: L_I_S on Mar 20, 2011, 12:11: AM
Yes.
Is that all you wanted to know?
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Tupac on Mar 20, 2011, 02:59: AM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Ethan on Mar 20, 2011, 05:41: AM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
stop giving bullshit advice when u know fuckall about it...go watch a rocco video and tell me how straight his back is, then go watch an fx video and tell me how straight his back is, then after that go watch one of your videos and tell me how straight your back is.

i think we can agree that a less heavy style = faster style. so run this little experiment, lean forward and see how fast u can move ur leg and how balanced you are. Then, lean backward and see how fast u can move your leg and how balanced you are.

care to tell me your results samuel?
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: TF on Mar 20, 2011, 05:45: AM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.

LOL! I actually laughed at this comment. What the fuck are you even talking about!? Standing up right will make your style less heavy will it? I completely agree with Ethans post.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: L_I_S on Mar 21, 2011, 01:09: PM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
stop giving bullshit advice when u know fuckall about it...go watch a rocco video and tell me how straight his back is, then go watch an fx video and tell me how straight his back is, then after that go watch one of your videos and tell me how straight your back is.

i think we can agree that a less heavy style = faster style. so run this little experiment, lean forward and see how fast u can move ur leg and how balanced you are. Then, lean backward and see how fast u can move your leg and how balanced you are.

care to tell me your results samuel?

I don't think Samuel meant you're supposed to freestyle with the same posture as when you stand upright :rolleyes:
And having a straight back =/= good posture. Having one shoulder higher, leaning to one hip etc are all cases of bad posture.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: tbc on Mar 21, 2011, 01:22: PM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
*sigh*
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Ethan on Mar 21, 2011, 07:56: PM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
stop giving bullshit advice when u know fuckall about it...go watch a rocco video and tell me how straight his back is, then go watch an fx video and tell me how straight his back is, then after that go watch one of your videos and tell me how straight your back is.

i think we can agree that a less heavy style = faster style. so run this little experiment, lean forward and see how fast u can move ur leg and how balanced you are. Then, lean backward and see how fast u can move your leg and how balanced you are.

care to tell me your results samuel?

I don't think Samuel meant you're supposed to freestyle with the same posture as when you stand upright :rolleyes:
And having a straight back =/= good posture. Having one shoulder higher, leaning to one hip etc are all cases of bad posture.
'force yourself to stand up straight' - so he doesn't mean stand up straight? cos standing up straight would give you shit balance and a slow style in fs...
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: L_I_S on Mar 22, 2011, 12:18: AM
I think bad posture makes lowers easier to do... I've had bad posture all my life so it's what I was used too.

But bad posture = bad style.

Force yourself to stand up straight and your style will look  43580325 times less heavy.
stop giving bullshit advice when u know fuckall about it...go watch a rocco video and tell me how straight his back is, then go watch an fx video and tell me how straight his back is, then after that go watch one of your videos and tell me how straight your back is.

i think we can agree that a less heavy style = faster style. so run this little experiment, lean forward and see how fast u can move ur leg and how balanced you are. Then, lean backward and see how fast u can move your leg and how balanced you are.

care to tell me your results samuel?

I don't think Samuel meant you're supposed to freestyle with the same posture as when you stand upright :rolleyes:
And having a straight back =/= good posture. Having one shoulder higher, leaning to one hip etc are all cases of bad posture.
'force yourself to stand up straight' - so he doesn't mean stand up straight? cos standing up straight would give you shit balance and a slow style in fs...
Yea..while walking and sitting etc. I highly doubt he meant while freestyling lol
Well I hope he didn't :|
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Ethan on Mar 22, 2011, 02:01: AM
are u honestly being serious? he is telling people that if in day to day life he ensures he keeps his back stre  him aight it will improve his lower style? i know u like him but no need to stand up for him when the advice he is giving is absolute rubbish lol
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: DanTheMan on Mar 22, 2011, 05:23: AM
samuel is a skinny shrivelled up nerd who looks like he hasnt eaten a good meal in a few years, i wouldnt take posture advice from him
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: AndyP7147 on Mar 22, 2011, 06:22: AM
You need good posture..I'm not very good at lowers at all but when you have bad posture, that can cause your back muscles to tighten and then pull on your other muscles, which tightens your other muscles and they can lead to bad muscle spasms which could stop you from practising lowers for a day maybe..I was told by a lot of physio's and ciropracters so it's no lie ha
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Tupac on Mar 22, 2011, 10:47: AM
I meant in everyday walking... not fsing...

samuel is a skinny shrivelled up nerd who looks like he hasnt eaten a good meal in a few years, i wouldnt take posture advice from him
true!
Btw the reason I have bad posture is because my dick is so large. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about that since you don't have one. Stupid crossover using pussy.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: L_I_S on Mar 22, 2011, 04:51: PM
are u honestly being serious? he is telling people that if in day to day life he ensures he keeps his back stre  him aight it will improve his lower style? i know u like him but no need to stand up for him when the advice he is giving is absolute rubbish lol
It's not about whether I like him or not. But if you have shitty posture, your balance in freestyle will be shitter than if it was good posture. Unless you're one sided and that happens to be the same side you lean on or whatever.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Max on Mar 25, 2011, 07:19: AM
ethan calm down man samuel got a point. a good posture is really important for your style. of course you shouldnt stand straight but you should be able to have your body under control and not to lean to any side. i can give an example because i just cant explain it...

Kannst du es besser? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLcpUb9MX0&feature=related#)

i think thats what samuel meant.

jonas falls du das siehst, tut mir leid aber wir ham ja früher oft über deinen style geredet und ich fands ein gutes beispiel^^
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: DanTheMan on Mar 26, 2011, 06:26: AM
you think thats good style max?
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: Max on Mar 27, 2011, 12:30: AM
you think thats good style max?

thats an example for bad style because of bad posture.
Title: Re: Good posture?
Post by: TF on Mar 28, 2011, 10:04: AM
You need good posture..I'm not very good at lowers at all but when you have bad posture, that can cause your back muscles to tighten and then pull on your other muscles, which tightens your other muscles and they can lead to bad muscle spasms which could stop you from practising lowers for a day maybe..I was told by a lot of physio's and ciropracters so it's no lie ha

Hmm, I'm not hating. But after seeing in excess of 10 physios trying to get all my various injuries sorted out, I don't think they have any idea on the muscles used for freestyle. My posture is fucking terrible. Cant stand up straight for long periods of time without aching, hunch over at the dinner table etc. But I wouldn't say my style is bad. In relation to the video Max posted, I'd say that demonstrates bad hand eye coordination rather than a bad posture. Learn how to freestyle properly, starting with the basics, and your style has the potential to be good, bad posture or not.